3rd Avenue East – Owen Sound, ON
3rd Avenue East Reconstruction (21st Street East to East Bayshore Road).
Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer and Watermain Replacement, New Concrete Sidewalk, Paved Road and Paved Trail.
Expected Start Date: April 2015
Expected Completion Date: December 2015
Construction is expected to take place from April 2015 to December 2015.
The construction of the storm and sanitary sewers and new watermain will involve trench excavation within the roadway, installation of new storm and sanitary sewer pipes, reconnection of any existing sewer services, addition of high capacity catch basins. This project will also involve replacing the watermain including the City-owned portion of the water service. Lastly, the project will focus on the total reconstruction of the road and sidewalk and adjacent trail on the west side of 3rd Avenue East within the construction area. You will be notified if there are any significant changes to the construction schedule or work to be undertaken.
Generally, work will take place between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday to Friday with occasional work on Saturdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm until the construction is completed. Work will not take place during statutory or other major holiday observances unless an emergency occurs and crews are required to be on-site.
As with all construction projects, there will be some temporary inconveniences to the local community. Prior to construction dBA Environmental Services will be conducting pre-condition surveys that will include an interior/exterior inspection, including photographs of buildings and structures, or portions thereof determined to be in close proximity to the construction activities. There is no cost to the residents for this service., your permission and cooperation in helping dBA to complete this survey as soon as possible is greatly appreciated. dBA will be notifying residents in the affected area before they commence with the surveys. During construction work hours, residents and businesses may experience some noise and vibration caused by excavation and construction equipment. In order to complete the work effectively and in a safe manner, some pedestrian and traffic restrictions will be necessary and for periods during construction full road closure may be required.
Pedestrian and Vehicle Access
- At certain times during the work, vehicle and pedestrian traffic may be disrupted. Signs will be posted to advise of
detours, lane closures and pedestrian crossings.
- Access to driveways and sidewalks may be restricted at times to allow for construction. Residents will be advised by on-site personnel.
- Emergency (police, fire and medical response) access will be maintained at all times.
- Recycling and Garbage collection will not be affected. Please follow your normal routine.
- The bus route on 3rd Ave E – an alternative bus route will be communicated by Owen Sound Transit to the public.
- The contractor will further notify you of any temporary disruptions. Every effort will be made to reduce any inconvenience to the local community.
Thank you in advance for your patience, cooperation and time
Need more information?
Harold Sutherland Construction: Steve Molnar – (519) 376-5698 ext. 230 – email@example.com