Established in 1960, Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. has continuously grown and evolved into a diversified company. Over the past 55 years, Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. has gained a solid reputation in construction and aggregate excellence.
We are committed to supporting our community, protecting the environment and we focus on providing a safe workplace for our employees.
As a growing company we are always looking for dedicated, hard working individuals to join our team.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR THE 2017/2018 CONSTRUCTION SEASON
Aggregate Mining Manager
Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. is a mid-sized civil construction company specializing in road building, site servicing as well as asphalt, aggregate and ready-mix production in Owen Sound and the surrounding area. We are currently looking for a dynamic, experienced, results orientated individual to fill the position of Aggregate Mining Manager. The selected candidate will report to the VP of Operations and will be part of our management team. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits, pension plan, company vehicle and phone.
- Managing multiple aggregate mining sites throughout Grey and Bruce Counties as well as our asphalt plant
- Responsible for drilling/blasting operations at Keppel, Lindsay and Meaford quarries
- Scheduling of daily operations and management of employees
- Scheduling of repairs and maintenance of mobile and stationary equipment for both pits and quarries with the shop foreman
- Adherence to all HS&E policies and regulations
- Ensuring all production records are accurate and all reporting to corporate office is completed on time
- Responsible for our CCIL certified Quality Control Laboratory
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Aggregate Mining Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Engineering or business degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- CCIL certification an asset
Other Positions Available:
- CCIL Certified Lab Technician
- Mechanics/Apprentice (Heavy Equipment & Truck)
- Ready Mix Truck Drivers
- AZ/DZ Drivers – preferably with gravel experience
- Excavator Operators
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Grader Operator (with fine grade experience)
The above noted positions are full time, permanent, seasonal positions.
Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. offers competitive wages, group insurance plan, RSP plan, deferred profit sharing plan and employee discounts.
- For those considering relocation, Owen Sound and Grey/Bruce Counties offer everything from skiing and hockey (OHL Junior A) to snowmobiling, hiking, fishing, boating, diving. Beautiful sand beaches and fresh country markets.
Please fill out the application form attached below and submit via fax, mail, email or in person. Please be sure to include a copy of your resume.
Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wage, benefit package and incentive program.
We thank all those who apply however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Send resume to:
HAROLD SUTHERLAND CONSTRUCTION LTD.
323545 East Linton Road, R.R #2
Kemble, Ontario N0H 1S0
Fax: (519) 489-1327