Accessible Customer Service Policy
PROVIDING GOODS & SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABLILITIES
Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide, and that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. If an employee cannot easily identify the animal as being a service animal, you are permitted to ask the individual to provide documentation from a regulated health professional. The document must confirm that the person needs the service animal for reasons relating to their disability.
There may be times when it is felt that a person with a disability should perhaps be accompanied by a support person for a legitimate health or safety reason. Before making that decision, any HSC employee must:
- Consult with the disabled individual to understand their needs
- Consider health and safety reasons based on available evidence
- Determine if there is no other reasonable way to protect the health and safety of the person or others on the premises
If a support person is deemed necessary, there will be no fees charged for the support person
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (head office under construction/renovation etc), Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be placed at 323545 East Linton Road West R.R .# 2 Kemble HEAD OFFICE LOCATION for Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd.
Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. will provide training to all members of our organization on accessible customer service and how to interact with people with different disabilities.
Training Will Include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd.’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the assistive ramp provided at the front of the Head Office location
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd.’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service policy.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Harold Sutherland Construction provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be provided by email to email@example.com, or calling (519) 376-5698 ext 227 Jennifer Prentice, VP Finance & Administration.
Visit our Website: www.hsc-ltd.com or if you require communication supports or accessible formats, please contact Jennifer Prentice at Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd.
All feedback, including complaints, should be directed to Jennifer Prentice.
Customers can expect to hear back within 1 business day.
Modifications to this or Other Policies:
Any policy of Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.